NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series Overview
Location: Dover (Del.) International Speedway (One-mile oval)
Date/Broadcast: May 3, 2019 at 5 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and Sirius/XM NASCAR 90
What You Need to Know
- Todd Gilliland rebounded to finish 14th last time the NASCAR Gander Outdoor Series was on track a month ago, at Texas Motor Speedway in the No. 4 JBL/SiriusXM Toyota Tundra after he was squeezed into the outside wall in the early laps of the race by another competitor. The 4 team made repairs across several pit stops, making sure the machine was drivable for the 18-year-old. Gilliland persevered, making his way back to the lead lap and ultimately finishing in the 14th position.
- Gilliland will pilot the No. 4 Mobil 1 Tundra at Dover International Speedway this weekend. The teenager has two Gander Trucks starts at the one-mile concrete oval, with one top-10. His average starting position is 9.0 and his average finishing position is 15.0. Gilliland also has two starts at Dover in the K&N Pro Series East.
- So far in 2019, Gilliland has recorded two top-10 finishes and has an average starting position of 7.8 and an average finish of 12.3. He currently ranks eighth in the Gander Trucks championship standings with five races completed.
- Led a race-high 34 laps en route to his second career ARCA Racing Series victory last weekend at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. He has now posted two wins, one pole, five top-five and seven top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 6.0 across eight career ARCA Racing Series starts.
- This is 18-year-old’s first full time NGOTS season behind the wheel of the No. 4 Toyota Tundra. He is once again paired with veteran crew chief Marcus Richmond. Richmond’s best result at the Monster Mile was a runner-up finish with Cole Whitt in 2011.
- The world’s leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1 features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
Todd Gilliland, Driver Q&A
“Yeah, definitely. Always track time helps. I feel like Dover is a place that KBM has run good as a whole. I’m really excited, we have four trucks going to Dover, so that’s a lot of experience, a lot of teammates to lean on and hopefully a lot of good results.”
What’s the biggest challenge at Dover?
“I think just in the race it’s really hard to pass because everyone wants to be on the bottom, but sometimes you can move up a little bit. That’s what I’m hoping this year. Hopefully we’re just in the front, running all on our own and we don’t have to worry about that.”
Todd Gilliland Career Highlights
- Across 30 career Gander Trucks starts has collected one pole, six top-five, 14 top-10 finishes and led 209 laps. Gilliland earned a career-best second-place finish at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill., in June of 2018.
- Has posted two wins, one pole, five top-five and seven top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 6.0 across eight career ARCA Racing Series starts. He became the youngest winner in series history with his victory at Toledo (Ohio) Speedway two days after his 15th birthday in May of 2015 and his most recent win came at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway on May 3, 2019.
- Crowned the 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champion after collecting six wins, six poles, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, making him the youngest champion in the history of any NASCAR national or touring series. Won a second consecutive K&N Pro Series West championship in 2017 after recording six wins, seven poles, 937 laps led, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes across 14 starts.
- In 22 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East starts has accumulated seven wins, two poles, 15 top-five and 20 top-finishes resulting in an average finish of 4.4. His most recent victory came at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway in April of 2018.
Todd Gilliland’s No. 4 Mobil 1 Tundra:
KBM-041: The No. 4 Mobil 1 team will unload KBM-045 at Dover International Speedway for Friday’s JEGS 200. This chassis has 10 starts and one win, at Chicagoland Speedway in 2016 with owner-driver Kyle Busch behind the wheel.
|KBM-041 Performance Profile|
|Starts||Wins||Average Start||Average Finish||Laps Led|
KBM Notes of Interest
- KBM drivers have recorded three wins, four poles, 820 laps led, eight top-five and 12 top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 10.6 across 22 career starts at the Monster Mile.
- Owner-driver Kyle Busch has earned all three of his organization’s victories at Dover (2011, 2013 and 2014).
- KBM holds the NGOTS records for most career wins (72) and most wins in a single season (14 in 2014). In addition to collecting a series-record six Owner’s Championships, the organization has produced two championship-winning drivers; Erik Jones (2015) and Christopher Bell (2017).