Box Score Info:
RACE: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
TRACK: Bristol Motor Speedway
LAPS: 186 /200
- Daniel Suárez, driver of the No. 51 ARRIS Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM), lead 77 laps, but unfortunately finished 29th in Wednesday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway after a flat right rear tire went down, causing him to spin, hit the wall and end his night on lap 186.
- Suárez qualified his No. 51 ARRIS Toyota second for the 200-lap event, turning a lap time of 14.963 seconds at 128.236 mph around the half-mile track.
- Following the drop of the green flag after about an hour delay due to rain on Wednesday night in Bristol, Suárez quickly took the lead on lap two and would continue to pace the field until giving up the lead on lap 41 when the NASCAR mandated competition caution came out. Staying out during the caution, Suárez restarted in second on lap 46 and would maintain his position inside the top five until the fifth caution flag of the night waved on lap 136. During the caution, crew chief Kevin (Bono) Manion called Suárez down pit road for four tires, fuel and a slight adjustment to help the ARRIS Tundra turn better off exit. After a great pit stop by his ARRIS crew, Suárez restarted in second on lap 142.
- It didn’t take long for Suárez to return to the front of the field as he worked his way into first on lap 143. The 24-year-old from Monterrey, Mexico would continue to pace the field for 48 laps until cutting his right rear tire on lap 186, ending his night and relegating him to a 29th-place finish.
- Suárez will next be in the ARRIS Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports at Chicagoland Speedway on Friday, September 16th. The race can be seen live at 8:30 PM ET on Fox Sports 1, MRN Radio and SIRIUS XM NASCAR Radio.