Box Score Info:
RACE: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
TRACK: Kentucky Speedway
CAR: No. 51 ARRIS Toyota Tundra
LAPS: 150 /150
- Daniel Suárez, driver of the No. 51 ARRIS Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM), finished 11th in Thursday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Buckle Up In Your Truck 250 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Ky.
- Suárez qualified his No. 51 ARRIS Toyota on the pole for the 150-lap event, his first pole in 21 starts in the NCWTS, turning a lap time of 29.511 seconds at 182.983 mph around the 1.5-mile track.
- Following the drop of the green flag on a hot and steamy Thursday night in Kentucky, Suárez started from the pole and would continue to pace the field until the fourth caution of the evening waved on lap 58 for a wreck in turn 3. During the caution, crew chief Kevin (Bono) Manion called Suárez down pit road for four tires, fuel and a slight adjustment to help the ARRIS Tundra turn better off exit. With teams on various pit strategies, Suárez would restart in 12th on lap 64, the first team with four fresh Goodyear Tires.
- With track position at a premium at the newly repaved Kentucky Speedway, Suárez was able to crack the top 10 by lap 81 and would be scored in the 12th position when the final caution of the evening waved on lap 103. During the final pit stop, however, Suárez suffered a pit road speeding penalty and would restart in 19th on lap 108. Despite the setback, Suárez would continue to battle for the remaining portion of the race, ultimately crossing the finish line in the 11th position for KBM.
- William Byron won his fourth NCWTS race of the season, earning Toyota their seventh straight victory in the NCWTS. John Hunter Nemechek, Daniel Hemric, Christopher Bell and Johnny Sauter rounded out the top five.
- The victory marks the 51st NCWTS win by Kyle Busch Motorsports – taking the series all-time win record – and all victories have come in Toyota Tundra race trucks.