Box Score Info:
RACE: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
TRACK: Iowa Speedway
CAR: No. 51 ARRIS Toyota Tundra
LAPS: 200 /200
- Daniel Suárez, driver of the No. 51 ARRIS Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM), finished sixth in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Speediatrics 200 at Iowa Speedway in Newton, IA.
- Suárez qualified his No. 51 ARRIS Toyota 17th for the 200-lap event, turning a lap time of 23.355 seconds at 134.875 mph around the 7/8-mile short track.
- Following the drop of the green flag on a perfect Saturday night in Central Iowa, Suárez settled inside the top 15, where he would spend most of the first 100 laps of the scheduled 200-lap race, noting that his ARRIS Tundra was tight in the center of the corner and loose off exit. A handful of adjustments were made prior to the halfway point of the race to help the drive off of the ARRIS Tundra.
- With the adjustments made by his ARRIS team working, Suárez worked his way into the top 10 by lap 163 and into seventh when the fourth caution of the evening waved on lap 179. Following the restart on lap 187, Suárez was put three wide entering turn one and lost a spot, however, The Monterrey, Mexico-native would continue to battle for the remaining 12 laps of the race, ultimately crossing the finish line in the sixth position for Kyle Busch Motorsports.
- KBM teammate William Byron won the 200-lap event, followed by Cole Custer, Cameron Hayley, Ben Rhodes and Tyler Reddick.
Daniel Suárez’s Post-Race Thoughts:
“Today was a bit of a tough day for our ARRIS team. We battled a tight condition with our ARRIS Tundra during the first part of the race, and with track positon being so huge here at Iowa, it was hard to make our way to the front. I really enjoy racing these trucks, and I can’t thank all the guys on this ARRIS team enough for their hard work. We will continue to learn and get better as a team, and work to get that first victory here in the Truck Series.”