NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Overview
Event: NCWTS 200, Race 23 of 23, 134 Laps – 30/30/74; 201 Miles
Location: Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Date/Broadcast: November 16, 2018 at 8 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90
What You Need to Know
- This will be Burton’s first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Homestead and his second overall on an intermediate track. In his first start at Texas two weeks ago, he qualified eighth and finished sixth.
- Burton tied his best career NCWTS finish of third last weekend at ISM Raceway in Avondale, Ariz., after winning the second stage and leading 46 laps. His other best NCWTS finish came at Iowa Speedway in Newton on June 16 when he won the pole, led 30 laps and finished third.
- In seven NCWTS starts this season Burton has earned three top-five, six top-10 finishes, one pole and led 76 laps.
- In addition to his Truck Series schedule, the second-generation driver has run limited schedules in the ARCA Racing Series, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and Super Late Models. He posted one win, five top-five and eight top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 6.1 across nine ARCA Racing Series starts this season. Most recently he earned a runner-up finish at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City on Oct. 19. Burton produced two poles, four top-five and five-top top-10 finishes for an average finish of 4.2 across five NASCAR K&N Pro Series East races this season. He has also recorded four Super Late Model victories this season, including the prestigious Rattler 250 at South Alabama Speedway in Kinston, Ala.
- DEX is the largest independent provider of office technology in the U.S. Their full-spectrum solutions are operational in thousands of small businesses as well as enterprise, Fortune 1,000 companies. With a nationwide network of 4,000 support specialists, DEX chooses the best, most reliable models from the nation’s top imaging equipment manufacturers, tested in-house for reliability, and pairs them with the unique business requirements. Digital intelligence, in house R & D, environmental consciousness and local stewardship are the hallmarks of DEX.
Harrison Burton, Driver Q&A
What have you heard about racing at Homestead?
“I’ve heard a lot of things about Homestead. I’ve heard it’s a lot of fun, you’ve got to rip the fence which is exciting. I’m excited to go and run really close to the wall and be driving really hard. I’m really excited just about going and fighting for a win. That’s our goal anywhere we go now. We’re just going to go try to implement that at Homestead. It’s going to be a challenging race track, but I’m excited for the challenge and ready to go for it.”
How would you rate your 2018 season?
“It’s gone well. We haven’t got that win that we wanted yet, but we still have one more chance at Homestead. Hopefully we can go into next year with a lot of momentum. Hopefully everything for next year gets worked out well and I’ll be able to come back. I think I’ve done a good job submitting a good job application so we’ll see how it goes. I’m just ready to get back in the truck.”
What are your plans for the off season?
“Finish high school hopefully. I’ve gotten a little behind because I’m always gone racing. I miss a lot of the lectures and stuff like that, so I’m working my way back into it and getting back into class mode. That’s kind of what my winter is about is setting myself up for the next few months while I’ll be gone racing.”
Harrison Burton Career Highlights
- Earned three top-five, six top-10 finishes and one pole in his seven NCWTS starts in 2018
- Captured the 2017 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East championship after registering a series-high five wins, two poles, 142 laps led, 12 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes and an average finish of 3.3 across the series’ 14 events
- Visited victory lane in the ARCA Racing Series at Pocono Raceway in June 2018 and Toledo (Ohio) Speedway in 2017
- In six NCWTS starts in 2017, recorded an average finish of 12.3 and earned a career-best fourth-place finish at Martinsville last October
Harrison Burton’s No. 51 DEX Imaging Tundra:
KBM-043: The No. 51 DEX Imaging team will race KBM-043, for Friday’s race in Homestead. This Tundra has two fifth-place finishes in 2018 – Bristol Motor Speedway with Todd Gilliland in August and Chicagoland Speedway with Brandon Jones in June.