NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Overview
Event: Lucas Oil 150, Race 22 of 23, 150 Laps – 45/45/60; 150 Miles
Location: ISM Raceway in Avondale, Ariz. (one-mile oval)
Date/Broadcast: Nov. 9, 2018 at 8:30 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90
What You Need to Know
- Gilliland has one prior NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts at ISM Raceway. He started fifth and finished seventh in last year’s race. He also won the 2015 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race at the one-mile track.
- Gilliland’s crew chief, Marcus Richmond, has one NCWTS win at Phoenix. He visited Victory Lane in 2015 with Timothy Peters. He has one win, three top-five and six top-10 finishes in 12 starts there.
- With two races remaining, Gilliland is currently second in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, 27 points behind first place.
- Gilliland earned his best career finish in the NCWTS at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill., on June 23 when he jumped up to second place during a two-lap shootout on the final restart.
- In 17 NCWTS starts this season, Gilliland has one pole, four top-five, nine top-10 finishes and has led 208 laps. He led a race-high 62 laps at Texas Motor Speedway in June and another 60 laps there last weekend, including the final lap before running out of fuel on the backstretch coming to the checkered flag.
Todd Gilliland, Driver Q&A
How do you move past last weekend’s heartbreak at Texas?
“I think you just need to take the positives away from it and put the negative stuff behind you. It happened, it sucked, but it’s done now and there’s a ton of positives we can take away from it. That’s what it’s going to be all about is moving on to the next race.”
Do you feel like you have to lose a couple close ones before you get your first win?
“I wish not, but I think this is definitely just building our momentum. We’ve got two more races left, so that’s what we’re going to focus on now – getting those last two wins. There is nothing else we can do.”
Since you ran the NCWTS race at Phoenix last year, what is it like to compete there?
“Phoenix is a really fun race track. I made my first K&N start there as well as one of my first truck starts. I really like the race track. KBM stuff always seems to be really fast there, so hopefully we can back that up this year. A lot of people have got their first wins there so hopefully we can add to that list.”
Todd Gilliland Career Highlights
- Won this year’s season-opening NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race in January at New Smyrna (Fla.) Speedway and won again at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway in April
- Won a second consecutive NASCAR K&N Pro Series West championship in 2017 after recording six wins, seven poles, 937 laps led, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes across 14 starts
- Ran six NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races for KBM in 2017, scoring a career-best third-place finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon
- Crowned the 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champion after collecting six wins, six poles, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, making him the youngest champion in the history of any NASCAR national or touring series
Todd Gilliland’s No. 4 PEDIGREE® Tundra:
KBM-041: The No. 4 PEDIGREE® team will race KBM-041, for Friday’s race in Phoenix. Gilliland has raced this Tundra three times this season at Dover, Iowa and the second Las Vegas race.