NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Overview
Event: Fr8Auctions 250, Race 19 of 23, 94 Laps – 20/20/54; 250.04 Miles
Location: Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway (2.66-mile oval)
Date/Broadcast: Oct. 13, 2018 at 1 p.m. ET on FOX, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90
What You Need to Know
- Gilliland has no prior NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts at Talladega Superspeedway. This will be his first start on a restrictor-plate track since age restrictions made him ineligible to compete at Daytona International Speedway in February.
- With five races remaining, Gilliland is currently second in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings, 15 points behind first place.
- Gilliland and his father, David, will be teammates for KBM this weekend. Both will be running PEDIGREE® paint schemes with David in the No. 51 representing the adult dog formula, while Todd will have puppies on his No. 4 Tundra.
- Gilliland earned his best career finish in the NCWTS at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill., on June 23 when he jumped up to second place during a two-lap shootout on the final restart.
- In 14 NCWTS starts this season, Gilliland has three top-five, eight top-10 finishes and has led 96 laps. He led a race-high 62 laps at Texas Motor Speedway in June.
Todd Gilliland, Driver Q&A
Talk about your first race at Talladega this weekend:
“I’m really excited about it. Growing up I’ve always really enjoyed the superspeedway races because everyone is really close together, but I’m starting to get a little nervous now about being in that pack. I feel like everyone at Kyle Busch Motorsports will bring me a fast truck and we can just be out front.”
You and your Dad will both be driving PEDIGREE® Tundras this weekend. What will it be like being teammates with him?
“It’s been super fun and it’s a great idea that PEDIGREE® had. Luckily, they are jumping on board for two trucks this weekend. Growing up and watching him, he’s always been pretty decent there, so hopefully I can learn a thing or two from him in practice and put it to him in the race.”
It’s the last lap with you and your Dad running first and second. What do you think will happen?
“I’m going to win. That’s all there is to it. We were just talking about it and we are teammates until about five to go and then coming to that last lap it will be the No. 4 Tundra in Victory Lane.”
Todd Gilliland Career Highlights
- Won this year’s season-opening NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race in January at New Smyrna (Fla.) Speedway and won again at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway in April
- Won a second consecutive NASCAR K&N Pro Series West championship in 2017 after recording six wins, seven poles, 937 laps led, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes across 14 starts
- Ran six NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races for KBM in 2017, scoring a career-best third-place finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon
- Crowned the 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champion after collecting six wins, six poles, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, making him the youngest champion in the history of any NASCAR national or touring series
Todd Gilliland’s No. 4 PEDIGREE® Puppy Tundra:
KBM-040: The No. 4 PEDIGREE® team will race KBM-040, for Saturday’s race at Talladega. David Gilliland has raced this Tundra at Daytona in February where he won the pole and led for 30 laps until late-race damage left him with a 21st-place finish.