JOHN HUNTER NEMECHEK
Birthdate: June 11, 1997
Hometown: Mooresville, N.C.
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Career Highlights:
- Eleven-time winner in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) action, winning at least one race each season from 2015 to 2018 for his family-owned team, NEMCO Motorsports, and returned to victory lane in his first season with KBM in 2021. Across 124 career starts in NASCAR’s third division, has compiled two poles, 1,181 laps led, 40 top-five and 66 top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 12.6.
- Registered a career-high and series-leading five victories in 2021 and earned the NCWTS Regular Season championship. Finished third in the final standings after qualifying for the Championship Four for the first time in his career.
- Qualified for the NCWTS playoffs in each of his two full-time seasons, finishing eighth in the championship standings in both 2016 and 2017.
- Named the NCWTS Most Popular Driver in 2015.
- Earned his first career NCWTS victory at Chicagoland Speedway on September 19, 2015.
- Finished 16th in his NCWTS debut at Martinsville Speedway on October 26, 2013.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Highlights:
- Earned second win of NASCAR Xfinity Series career at Texas Motor Speedway on October 16, 2021.
- Collected six top-five and 19 top-10 finishes en route to a seventh-place finish in the NASCAR Xfinity Series championship standings in 2019.
- Earned his first NASCAR Xfinity Series victory at Kansas Speedway on October 28, 2018.
NASCAR Cup Series Highlights:
- Produced three top-10 finishes while competing for Rookie of the Year honors in the NASCAR Cup Series in 2020.
- Recorded a career-best eighth-place finish twice in his rookie season, both coming at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Finished 21st in his NASCAR Cup Series debut at Texas Motor Speedway on November 3, 2019.
Late Model Highlights:
- Won both the All-American 400 at Nashville Fairgrounds and the Snowball Derby at 5 Flags Speedway in 2018.
*Stats entering 2022 season*