Date: June 18, 2021
Event: Rackley Roofing 200 (Race 12 of 22)
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Location: Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway (1.33-mile D-shaped oval)
Format: Three Stages; 45 laps/50 laps/55 laps
Start/Finish: 34th/10th (Running, completed 150 of 150 laps)
Winner: Ryan Preece of David Gilliland Racing (Ford)
John Hunter Nemechek finished 10th in the Rackley Roofing 200 at Nashville Superspeedway after starting at the rear of the field due to his qualifying time being disallowed by NASCAR. Nemechek was able to work his way to 20th in the opening laps of the first stage. With strategy calls from crew chief Eric Phillips, Nemechek was able to secure his 10th top-1o finish of 2021. Nemechek continues to hold the lead in the point standings, leading Ben Rhodes by 70 points.
Stage One Recap:
- Nemechek started from the 34th position after NASCAR disallowed his lap in qualifying Friday afternoon. Prior to the penalty, Nemechek went around the 1.33-mile facility at an average speed of 156.440 mph,
- In the opening stint, Nemechek radioed that his Mobil 1 Tundra lacked rear grip.
- With the stage going from green to green-checkered, Nemechek finished the stage in the 21st position.
Stage Two Recap:
- At the stage break, Nemechek radioed that his Mobil 1 Tundra tightened up as the run progressed. Phillips summoned Nemechek onto pit road for four tires, fuel, and adjustments. The over-the-wall crew administered a speedy stop to gain three positions. Nemechek started the second stage from 18th.
- Nemechek worked his way up to 15th by the time the second caution waved on lap 78. Under the caution, Nemechek radioed that he was loose in traffic and continuing to deal with brake issues. Phillips summoned the Mobil 1 driver down pit road for four fresh tires, fuel, and adjustments. Nemechek would restart from the 15th position.
- When the green-checkered flag flew on lap 95, Nemechek was scored in the 11th position.
Final Stage Recap:
- At the break, Nemechek radioed that his Mobil 1 Tundra was tight in traffic. Phillips summoned Nemechek back onto pit road for four tires, fuel, and adjustments. Nemechek would start the final stage in the 11th position.
- After back-to-back cautions, Nemechek settled in the 10th position to score his 10th top-10 finish of 2021.
Rackley Roofing 200 Recap:
- Ryan Preece scored his first career Camping World Truck Series victory beating Todd Gilliland to the stripe by 0.950 seconds. Grant Enfinger, Zane Smith, and Stewart Friesen rounded out the top-five finishers.
- There were five cautions for 29 laps. There were eight lead changes among six drivers.
How Nemechek’s KBM Teammates Fared:
- Chandler Smith, driver of the No. 18 Toyota, finished 13th.
- Drew Dollar, driver of the No. 51 Toyota, finished 24th.
Camping World Trucks Driver’s Championship Standings:
After 12 races, Nemechek and the No. 4 team continue to lead Ben Rhodes in the point standings by 70 points.
The No. 4 team returns to the track when the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series resumes action on Saturday, June 26 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway. Live coverage will be on FS1, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM at noon ET.