- Drew Dollar will make his eighth career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start behind the wheel of the No. 51 Tundra in Friday’s 150-lap event at Phoenix Raceway as part of an eight-race schedule with Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) in 2021. It will be Dollar’s fourth career start in any series at the 1-mile tri-oval. Dollar posted a career best fifth-place finish in the ARCA Menards West Series event at the Arizona track in Nov. 2020.
- Sunbelt Rentals, the premiere rental company in North America, will serve as the primary sponsor on Dollar’s Tundra Friday night at Phoenix (Ariz.) Raceway. This will be the sixth race of 2021 that Sunbelt has been on board the No. 51 Tundra.
- Dollar has recorded an average finish of 25.7 across the first seven starts of his Camping World Truck Series career. His best result was a 10th-place finish in his series debut at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway in February.
- In addition to his part-time schedule with KBM in the Truck Series, Dollar competed in a limited schedule in the ARCA Menards Series this season with Venturini Motorsports. Despite competing in only 12 of the 20 races, the 20-year-old driver finished seventh in the championship standings behind the strength of an average finish of 8.2 across his 12 starts this year.
- The Toyota Racing Development driver finished fourth in the ARCA Menards Series championship standings in 2020 after recording one win, four top-five and 14 top-10 finishes across 20 starts. Dollar led 40 laps en route to his lone series victory at Talladega Superspeedway last June. He also finished inside the top 10 in both of his ARCA Menards Series starts in 2019, including a sixth-place finish in his series debut at World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway.
- The No. 51 team has won three times this season, including earlier this season on the Bristol Motor Speedway dirt track with Martin Truex Jr. KBM owner-driver Kyle Busch collected victories at Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Ga., and Kansas Speedway in Kansas City. The team qualified for the owner’s portion of the playoffs by finishing the regular season ranked fifth in the point standings but were eliminated in the Round of 10.
- Mardy Lindley is in his first season as a crew chief at KBM. Before arriving at KBM, Lindley guided his drivers to 32 wins and four ARCA Menards Series East championships since 2013, including back-to-back titles with Sam Mayer the last two seasons. Additionally, he earned the ARCA Menards Series Sioux Chief Showdown championship with Mayer in 2020. Behind the wheel, the second-generation driver won 11 races on the Pro Cup Series from 2000 to 2006 and was crowned the series champion in 2001. In his only race atop the pit box at Las Vegas, Lindley earned a runner-up finish with Kyle Busch earlier this season.
Drew Dollar, Driver Q&A:
Are you looking forward to having practice and qualifying on Friday?
“Practice in our Sunbelt Rentals Toyota Tundra will be very beneficial for me this weekend. I’ve been to Phoenix a few times now, so that should help me get up to speed a little quicker. My focus will be on getting comfortable for the race later than night.”
You have an average finish of 6.0 across two ARCA Menards Series starts at Phoenix. Is it a track that fits your driving style?
“Phoenix is definitely one of my favorite tracks that I’ve been to in the Toyota Camry. I feel like we’ve always had good speed at Phoenix. I just need to focus on running all the laps and being consistent. I’m sure that Phoenix is a place where we can end up with a good finish.”
Drew Dollar Career Highlights:
- Has one top-10 finish and an average result of 25.7 across seven career Camping World Truck Series starts.
- Across 34 career ARCA Menards Series starts has one win, 98 laps led, 10 top-five and 24 top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 8.2.
- Picked up his first career ARCA Menards Series victory at Talladega Superspeedway June 20, 2020.
- Finished fourth in the ARCA Menards Series championship standings in 2020 after recording one win, four top-five and 14 top-10 finishes across 20 starts.
- Recorded two top-five and seven top-10 finishes with 49 laps led across eight NASAR K&N Pro Series East starts in 2019.
Drew Dollar’s No. 51 Sunbelt Rentals Tundra:
KBM-054: The No. 51 Sunbelt Rentals team will unload KBM-54 for Friday’s race at Phoenix. KBM owner-driver Kyle Busch has two victories driving this Tundra, including its maiden voyage at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Pa. in July of 2018. Rowdy was victorious with it again this year in May at Kansas Speedway. Dollar drove it to a 24th-place finish in its most recent outing in September at Las Vegas.
KBM Notes of Interest:
- KBM drivers have collected five wins, 14 top-five and 22 top-10 finishes across 31 starts at Phoenix Raceway. They have earned a collective average finish of 9.7 and have led 914 laps.
- The organizations five victories at the Arizona track have come with four different drivers. Kyle Busch won in 2011, Brian Scott in 2012, Erik Jones went back-to-back in 2013-2014 and Daniel Suarez claimed the top spot in 2016.
- KBM holds the Camping World Truck Series records for most career wins (89) and most wins in a single season (14 in 2014). With his victory at Bristol Motor Speedway Chandler Smith became the 17th different driver to win a Truck Series event for KBM. In addition to collecting a series-record seven Owner’s Championships, the organization has produced two championship-winning drivers: Erik Jones (2015) and Christopher Bell (2017).
- With 37 victories, the No. 51 is the winningest number in KBM’s Truck Series fleet.