Date: Sept. 24, 2021
Event: Victoria’s Voice Foundation 200 (Race 19 of 22)
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Location: Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway (1.5-mile tri-oval)
Format: Three Stages; 30 laps/30 laps/74 laps
Start/Finish: 18th/24th (Running, completed 132 of 134 laps)
Winner: Christian Eckes of ThorSport Racing (Toyota)
Drew Dollar made his first start at Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway (LVMS) in Friday night’s Victoria’s Voice Foundation 200.
The Sunbelt Rentals driver dealt with handling issues throughout the night as the No. 51 Tundra was reported to be “really tight everywhere”. Dollar would ultimately finish 24th in his LVMS debut.
Drew Dollar will be back behind the wheel of the No. 51 Sunbelt Rentals Tundra at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway on Oct. 2nd.
Stage One Recap:
- Drew Dollar started the Victoria’s Voice 200 in the 18th position based on NASCAR’s performance matrix system.
- After the first caution of the race was brought out on lap six for an incident in Turn 4, Dollar had dropped back six positions to 24th.
- Dollar came to the green-and-white checkered flag in the 27th-position to close out Stage One.
Stage Two Recap:
- The No. 51 team was able to gain six spots on pit road as Dollar began Stage Two in 21st on the outside lane.
- After 60 laps of racing, Dollar would be scored in the 26th-position.
Final Stage Recap:
- Dollar and the No. 51 team gained two spots heading into the Final Stage as the Sunbelt Rentals Tundra would restart 24th.
- Dollar maintained his 24th-position for much of the Final Stage until he had a tire go down with 21 laps to go, bringing out the eight caution of the night.
- As Dollar brought the No. 51 Tundra down pit road, he communicated to the team that the Tundra was “still really tight everywhere”.
- The Sunbelt Rentals driver would be scored two laps down and in 26th on the ensuing restart.
- Drew Dollar finished the Victoria’s Voice 200 in 24th-place.
Victoria’s Voice Foundation 200 Recap
- Christian Eckes picked up his first career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victory at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Eckes was followed by ThorSport Racing teammates Ben Rhodes, Matt Crafton, and Johnny Sauter. Todd Gilliland rounded out the top-five.
- There were 10 cautions for 39 laps. There were 14 lead changes among 11 drivers.
How Dollar’s KBM Teammates Fared:
- John Hunter Nemechek, driver of the No. 4 Toyota, finished 33rd.
- Chandler Smith, driver of the No. 18 Toyota, finished 35th.
Camping World Trucks Owner’s Championship Standings:
After being elimated in the Round of 10 from the Camping World Truck Series Owner’s Championship, the No. 51 team currently sits 10th in the overall standings.
Drew Dollar will be back behind the wheel of the No. 51 Hyte Tundra at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway on Oct. 2nd. Live coverage will be on FS1, Motor Racing Network, and SiriusXM at 1 p.m. ET.