Date: June 18, 2021
Event: Rackley Roofing 200 (Race 12 of 22)
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Location: Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway (1.33-mile, D-shaped oval)
Format: Three Stages; 45 laps/50 laps/55 laps
Start/Finish: 20th/24th (Running, completed 150 of 150 laps)
Winner: Ryan Preece of David Gilliland Racing (Ford)
Drew Dollar finished 24th in the Rackley Roofing 200 at Nashville Superspeedway after starting from the 20th position. Kyle Busch returns to the No. 51 Toyota Tundra next weekend at Pocono (Penn.) Raceway.
Stage One Recap:
- Dollar started from the 20th position after laying down a speed of 155.591 mph in qualifying Friday afternoon.
- Dollar would finish the first stage in the 25th position after the stage went green to green-checkered.
Stage Two Recap:
- At the break, Dollar radioed that his Sunbelt Rentals Tundra started free, but as the run progressed, his Tundra was coming to him. By the end of the run, Dollar radioed that he was tight center off. Crew chief Mardy Lindley summoned Dollar to pit road for four tires, fuel and adjustments. Dollar would start the stage from the 24th position.
- At the second caution on lap 78, Dollar radioed that the balance of his Sunbelt Rental Tundra was good but loose in traffic. Lindley elected to keep Dollar on the racetrack to restart from the 10th position.
- When the green-checkered flag flew, Dollar was scored in the 25th position.
Final Stage Recap:
- At the break, Dollar radioed that he felt a vibration in his Sunbelt Rentals Tundra and was dealing with a tight Tundra. Lindley summoned Dollar onto pit road for four tires, fuel, and adjustments. Dollar would start the final stage from the 23rd position.
- During the fifth caution period on lap 111, Dollar worked his way up to 20th and radioed that the vibration he felt was gone. Dollar restarted from the 19th position.
- With a 33-lap run to the finish, Dollar fell back and was credited with a 24th-place finish.
Rackley Roofing 200 Recap:
- Ryan Preece scored his first career Camping World Truck Series victory beating Todd Gilliland to the stripe by 0.950 seconds. Grant Enfiger, Zane Smith and Stewart Friesen rounded out the top-five finishers.
- There were five cautions for 29 laps. There were eight lead changes among six drivers.
Drew Dollar, driver of the No. 51 Sunbelt Rentals Tundra for KBM
How was your day?
“Our Sunbelt Rentals Tundra was pretty good all night. I just worked on learning, getting all the laps in and being conservative throughout the entire race. We worked back and forth on handling. I feel like we started a little free and then got a little tight and went back to a little free. Overall, I learned a lot, and it was good to get all the laps in. There will a lot of positive takeaways for the next one as I learn how to drive these Tundras.”
How Dollar’s KBM Teammates Fared:
- John Hunter Nemechek, driver of the No. 4 Toyota, finished 10th.
- Chandler Smith, driver of the No. 18 Toyota, finished 13th.
Camping World Trucks Owner’s Championship Standings:
After 12 races, the No. 51 team sits fourth in the owner’s championship standings, 126 points behind the No. 4 team.
The No. 51 returns to the track with Kyle Busch when the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series resumes action on Saturday, June 26 at Pocono Raceway. Live coverage will be on FS1, Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM at noon ET.