NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Overview:
Event: North Carolina Education Lottery 200, Race 11 of 23, 134 Laps – 30/30/74; 201 Miles
Date/Broadcast: May 26, 2023, at 8:30 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90
Chase Purdy, Driver Q&A:
You’ve had three top-10 finishes on mile-and-half tracks this year. Are you looking forward to Friday?
“I’m excited to get to Charlotte and the chance to race on another mile-and-a-half track. We’ve shown a lot of speed and we’ve had some good runs on those types of tracks this year. Our most recent one, I thought we had a truck capable of winning and just some unfortunate things happened. Hoping to change some of that luck around and have a good weekend!”
Is the Charlotte race one of the bigger races on the Truck Series schedule?
“Charlotte is always a big one because everyone wants to win at home. This race is in everybody’s back yard and to win this one it would be really special. It makes a statement to go out and win in front of everybody in your back yard. I’ll have a lot of family and friends at the track so this will be a big weekend for us.”
Does the first race of the Triple Truck Challenge make it an even bigger race?
“Obviously everybody wants to make as much money as they can on a normal weekend but since this is one of the Triple Truck Challenge races it definitely ups the stakes a little bit. I’m going to approach the weekend like it’s a normal race, go out there and try to put everything together and win. Our trucks are fast enough to do it, we just need to limit our mistakes.”
Chase Purdy Career Highlights:
- Across 62 career Truck Series starts, has produced 18 laps led, one top-five and 10 top-10 finishes. Posted a career-best runner-up finish at Texas Motor Speedway in April of 2023.
- Finished 16th in Truck Series championship standings in 2022.
- Finished fourth in the 2018 ARCA Menard’s Series championship standings after recording 84 laps led, 10 top-five and 14 top-10 finishes.
- Earned the 2017 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East rookie of the year honors and finished fourth in the championship standings after posting four poles, 200 laps led, five top-five and eight top-10 finishes across 14 starts.
- Won the prestigious Snowflake 100 Pro Late Model race at 5 Flags Speedway in Pensacola, Fla., in Dec. of 2018.
Chase Purdy’s No. 4 Bama Buggies Silverado RST:
KBM-38: The No. 4 Bama Buggies team will unload KBM-38 for Friday’s race at Charlotte. Purdy finished seventh with this Silverado earlier this season at Atlanta Motor Speedway. “38 Special” has seven career victories. Its most recent victory came with John Hunter Nemechek at Texas Motor Speedway in June of 2021. Nemechek raced KBM-38 three times in 2022, with a best result of fourth coming in June at Nashville Superspeedway.
KBM-38 Performance Profile:
|Starts||Wins||Average Start||Average Finish||Laps Led|
KBM Notes of Interest:
- KBM holds the Craftsman Truck Series records for most career wins (99) and most wins in a single season (14 in 2014). With his victory at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway last year, Corey Heim became the 18th different driver to win a Truck Series event for KBM. In addition to collecting a series-record seven Owner’s Championships, the organization has produced two championship-winning drivers: Erik Jones (2015) and Christopher Bell (2017).