Event: World of Westgate 200, Race 18 of 23, 134 Laps – 30/30/74; 201 Miles
Location: Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Date/Broadcast: Sept. 14, 2018 at 9 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90
What You Need to Know
- Jones has made 39 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) starts since 2013, resulting in 10 top-five and 19 top-10 finishes. This will be his fifth and final NCWTS start for Kyle Busch Motorsports (KBM) this season. Jones raced at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City where he finished ninth for the No. 51 team, Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway where he came in third place driving for the No. 46 team, Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet where he placed fifth and was fourth at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta in the No. 51.
- KBM’s Mike Hillman Jr., was also Jones’ crew chief at Richard Childress Racing in the NASCAR XFINITY Series in 2016. Together the duo earned 12 top-10 finishes.
- He will do double duty this weekend racing the No. 51 Tundra for KBM Friday night and the No. 19 Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing in the XFINITY race Saturday.
- He has four prior starts at Las Vegas, three in XFINITY and one in NCWTS. His best finish there was fifth in the NCWTS in 2015.
- Jones will be sponsored by Delta® Brand of Faucets at Las Vegas. There is transformative power at the heart of every Delta® product. From Touch2O® Technology that turns faucets on and off with just a touch to H2Okinetic® shower technology that provides the feeling of more water without using more water, Delta® products incorporate smart thinking that anticipates people’s needs. Paired with beautiful and inspirational design, the Delta® brand is more than just a faucet. A WaterSense® partner of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Delta Faucet Company is a global organization offering kitchen and bath faucets, showerheads, tub and shower systems, toilets and related accessories, selling products in more than 53 countries. For more information, visit www.deltafaucet.com.
Brandon Jones, Driver Q&A
How is Las Vegas compared to the other 1.5-mile tracks?
“To compare another 1.5-mile track to Vegas, I would say Kansas is probably very similar. They are both very smooth race tracks and both move around a lot. Some 1.5-mile tracks you are right around the bottom and you never really come off of there, but Vegas is one of those tracks where you can move up some and go to the top if you have to. It makes it a really racy environment.”
Will running the NCWTS race Friday help you prepare for the XFINITY race on Saturday?
“Running the truck race should help me prepare for the XFINITY race, especially knowing when to move around and start searching for grip when the tires kind of wear out some. Really practicing side drafts as well is really key to Vegas.”
Do you have time to do anything fun away from the track while you are in Las Vegas?
“Well, myself and my girlfriend both turned 21 this year, so I’m sure we’ll have to go out and hang out on the strip a little bit and check everything out. Maybe catch a show as well if we can find something.”
Brandon Jones Career Highlights
- Currently competes full time in the NASCAR XFINITY Series for Joe Gibbs Racing where he has one pole, two top-five and 11 top-10 finishes in 25 starts this season
- Picked up his fifth career ARCA Racing Series victory at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May
- Has one NASCAR K&N Pro Series East win (Iowa Speedway, 2014)
Brandon Jones’ No. 51 Delta®/Menards Tundra:
KBM-054: The No. 51 team will race KBM-054, for Friday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Kyle Busch won in this Tundra in its first outing at Pocono in July.