Toyota and Kyle Busch Motorsports
2014 TOYOTA TUNDRA
The new 2014 Toyota Tundra for NASCAR competition is more relevant to its showroom counterpart.
- The Toyota Tundra competing on the race track in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) will look more like the new 2014 production Tundra that race fans can purchase at a Toyota dealership.
All the changes to the 2014 NCWTS Tundra are basically from the cab of the truck forward.
Those changes to the 2014 NCWTS Tundra include several features that are new:
- Front fenders
- The headlights stand up straighter.
- The center grill area is more prominent.
- The unique shape of the Tundra hood -- with two big recessed wells -- is really eye- catching and provides character that resembles the production Tundra.
Engineers at TRD, along with stylists at Calty Design in California -- Toyota's U.S. design studio -- worked on several aspects of the ‘blueprint’ for the 2014 Tundra race truck, including the overall body styling and its aerodynamic characteristics.
- This is the same group that designed the 2013 Camry race car.
TRD utilized Toyota NCWTS teams, including Kyle Busch Motorsports, Red Horse Racing and ThorSport Racing -- and their resources -- to build versions of the 2014 NCWTS Tundra for wind tunnel testing.
Visit Toyota Racing website
Follow Toyota Racing on Twitter
Friend Toyota Racing on Facebook
Buy a Toyota
Kyle on Toyota:
"For them to come on board and really stick behind Kyle Busch Motorsports has really been great for us."