Date: November 9, 2018
Event: Lucas Oil 150 (Race 22 of 23)
Series: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS)
Location: ISM Raceway in Avondale, Ariz. (one-mile oval)
Format: Three Segments; 45 laps/45 laps/60 laps
Start/Finish: 3rd / 3rd (running, completed 150 of 150 laps)
Winner: Brett Moffitt of Hattori Racing (Toyota)
Harrison Burton had one of the best nights of his young NASCAR Camping World Truck Series career at ISM Raceway Friday night, but he still was not satisfied. He led a race-high 46 laps, led the entire 45-lap second stage and tied his best finish in the Truck Series, but his night did not end in Victory Lane as he hoped it would.
Stage One Recap:
- Burton started third in his DEX Imaging Tundra.
- He pitted for right-side tires during an early caution on lap 28. Although it dropped him back to seventh, the payoff came when he ended the stage in fourth place and he assumed the lead by not pitting during the stage break.
Stage Two Recap: | Shop Harrison Burton Diecast
- Burton dominated the second 45-lap stage leading from start to finish.
- When the pits opened on lap 94, he came in for four tires and fuel to finish the race.
Stage Three Recap:
- Burton was second to start the final 60-lap stage.
- He settled into fourth place for most of the remaining laps, but a caution with nine laps to go changed the landscape of the race.
- The race resumed with three laps remaining and Burton was fourth. He fought for the lead, but did not want to risk any altercation with his KBM teammate Noah Gragson who was fighting for the final spot in the championship race next weekend.
- He crossed the finish line third, tying his best finish earlier this season at Iowa Speedway in June.
Harrison Burton, driver of the No. 51 DEX Imaging Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports:
Talk about your race tonight:
“I’m kind of disappointed. We had a really fast DEX Imaging Tundra and won a stage, which is good. We’re making steps towards a win, we just need to put it all together. It’s hard when you see that you could have won, but you don’t end up in Victory Lane. We’ll learn from it, move on and get better.”
Lucas Oil 150 Recap:
- Brett Moffitt won the race followed by KBM’s Noah Gragson and Burton, Grant Enfinger and Stewart Friesen rounded out the top-five finishers.
- The race featured five cautions for a total of 33 laps. There were eight lead changes among six drivers. KBM’s Burton led 46 laps and Gragson led 43.
How Burton’s KBM Teammates Fared:
- Todd Gilliland, driver of the No. 4 Toyota, finished 17th
- Noah Gragson, driver of the No. 18 Toyota, finished 2nd
- Christian Eckes, driver of the No. 46 Toyota, finished 9th
NCWTS Owner Championship Standings:
The No. 51 team is seventh in the Truck Series Owner’s Championship Standings.
Burton returns behind the wheel of the No. 51 Tundra for the NCWTS season finale next week on Friday, Nov. 16 at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway. Live coverage of the race begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on FS1.